New JCI Course Programming
With the exciting launch of JCI Discover, one of three new Foundational Courses, now is a great time to share the new JCI course programming. You will notice that all JCI courses now fall under the categories of Foundational, Leadership, Advanced and Free Courses.
JCI Foundational courses: will give participants the opportunity to learn more about JCI and also understand the role members play in their Local Organizations to support the JCI Mission.
Leadership courses: are created to empower members to become effective leaders who will in turn generate positive change in their communities and businesses.
Advanced courses: are designed to enhance the skills and knowledge needed by members to lead and strengthen their Local Organizations.
Free courses: are meant to assist members in their personal development.
In your journey as a JCI Leader to become a vector of positive change around the world, let’s take a look at what courses you can find in each category.
- JCI Discover: This course is created to engage participants to understand why JCI exists as they focus on the core values and framework that drive the JCI Mission. It also explores the skills members can develop as leaders in the organization to create sustainable impact in a changing world. JCI Discover is a new course that combines the main aspects of JCI Achieve and JCI Impact. If you have already taken these two courses, you do not need to take JCI Discover.
- [Course in Progress] JCI Explore: This is a course in progress to develop members’ communication, problem solving, and leadership skills. It will be recommended for members who want to understand the dynamics of Local Organization administration and management and for members who want to take up leadership roles in the organization at any level. The JCI Explore course will replace JCI Admin.
- [Course in Progress] JCI Adventure: This is a course in progress that will enable members to use the leadership skills learned within the organization to amplify their skills in terms of business and entrepreneurship, personal development, international cooperation and community action around the world.
- Engage, Empower, Grow: This is a course designed to help Local Organizations structure their recruitment process and create membership retention and management strategies that will lead to quality and sustainable membership within their Local Organization.
- Effective Communication: This is a 4 – part facilitation series that aims to provide a well-rounded understanding of communicating effectively. It includes:
- Effective Communication – Building a Foundation
- Effective Communication – Crafting your Message
- Effective communication – Message Delivery
- Effective communication – Mastering Management
- Effective Leadership: The Effective Leadership course defines the kind of effective leadership needed to address the local, national and global problems of 21st century society.
- Effective Meetings: The Effective Meetings course is created to empower Local Organizations to plan and conduct result-oriented meetings.
- Project Management: The Project Management Course is designed for members who want to expand their capabilities in running effective projects using the Active Citizen Framework.
- Facilitator: This is a course designed to enhance the facilitation skills of participants and provide them with the necessary techniques required to effectively spread the JCI message.
- Presenter: This is a course designed for members who want to grow their presentation skills in order to create better project reports and feel empowered to participate during local meetings.
- There are a variety of free courses available for members. These courses are meant to be conducted at the Local Organization level to support members with personal development, and hence no certification is required to be a facilitator for a free course.
JCI courses develop leaders for a changing world, so that they can serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and make connections internationally.
When we face the toughest challenges, we experience the most growth. When we share and act on our knowledge, that is when we become true leaders. So, leave your comfort zone behind and explore the possibilities in front of you through JCI courses.
For specific course requirements or to register for Foundational, Leadership, Advanced or Free courses, visit jci.cc to learn more!